That’s what I kept telling myself on my run last night. I opted to not go to the gym, as I have been more and more lately. (Pretty sure I want to quit the gym and get a treadmill. I have plenty o’weights at home and did New Rules of Lifting for Women at home the first go round. Let me know if you live in the area and want to sell me a gently used quality treadmill. I know, I won’t hold my breath. More to come on my many reasons why I want to quit the gym.)
So the above is my mantra these days. I am pushing myself out of my comfort zone on most of my runs. Chugging a long at a 9 minute per mile pace is comfortable, but I want to continue to get faster. And my upcoming 7k is on my mind more. I think the course is closer to 4.5 miles verses 4.375 which is about a 7k. Regardless, it will be good to test my legs at a distance like that. Here are the deets:
So the reason I am proud of this is that the route I took had a lot of hills. And at the end I my old friend pukey feeling came along for the last hill. I did see my pace go into the 6’s at the end, so that was good too.
Moving on to something completely different…
I got an award! I love being recognized by other bloggers.
Em at A Life to Bragg About bestowed the Stylish Blogger award to me. I was named best dressed my senior year after all. If that doesn’t make you LOL, I don’t know what will. She is a pretty cool chick who likes to run and lift weights, too. We hang out together on a message board and it’s been fun “getting to know her” as much as one can on the intertubez. Thanks Em!
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these Bloggers and tell them about the award!
My Seven Things:
1. I won the state championship in Indoor Archery in 5th grade. My bow was hot pink and my arrows were black with hot pink fledging. It was the 90’s after all.
2. I have terrible hand writing. I also hold my pen differently then most people. Hard to explain, but I don’t hold it resting on my middle finger like most. All of my fingers touch the pen when I write. I have only met one other person who writes like this. We met in college and now we are co-workers. That could probably be Seven Thing 2a.
3. I’ve never mowed a lawn. Now that it’s been as long as it has, I am going to try and hold out as long as I can. As lazy as this makes me sound, I am really not that lazy when it comes to household chores.
4. I love my family so much. I look forward to spending time with my Mom, Dad, brother, and sister. I love when we can all be together. I am fortunate that we all live relatively close and I hope that it never changes. And I am constantly in awe of how proud my siblings make me. They are both younger than me and I love watching them thrive. I know how motherly that sounds, but it’s true.
5. I am so happy that one of our friends is expecting. It has really hit me now that we are reaching the baby stage of our lives. A lot of us all got married the same year or two, and I have a strong feeling pregnancy announcements are going to be rampant in the next year or two. It’s exciting and overwhelming all at the same time.
6. I love playing golf but I am not very good at it. The competitor in me hates that I am not good, but I love being outside on a beautiful day on the course, walking, talking, spending time with people I like and having fun. I am totally going to be that old lady with the push along cart, white visor, knee socks, golf skirt, and polo shirt someday. And it’s going to be awesome.
7. I hate iceberg lettuce.
Now, I am supposed to name 15 bloggers, but I am not going to follow the rules. Here are a few bloggers I want to recognize. If you are listed below and reading this, don’t feel like you have to do Seven Things. If you do, sweet. Otherwise, I highly recommend these blogs to your reader. They are pretty dope.
I know you are jealous that I am blogging at 10pm on a Friday night. That’s how we do. Off to bed soon. If the weather cooperates I am planning on 9 miles tomorrow morning. And I am going to take it nice and slow. Easy like
Sunday Saturday morning.